Learn how to have your coffee "the other way" !
Learn the WHAT on Earth, the WHY's and HOW's of safely and effectively doing coffee enemas at home.
Coffee enemas are an incredibly powerful tool that can be used in one’s wellness journey.
Bowel Health and Whole Body Health are Connected.
“Enemas are the most effective and quick relief of constipation”
~ Dr Natasha Campbell-McBride, author of “Gut and Psychology Syndrome”
What do coffee enemas do?!
- increase the flow of bile
- increase glutathione production (the body’s most important antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune modulating molecule)
- stimulate detoxification
- quench free radicals
- clears the bowels of the impacted faecal matter that creates autointoxication
Coffee enemas are helpful for:
- releasing constipation
- clearing brain fog
- lifting low mood
- relieving migraines
- supporting liver function
- improving glutathione production
- stimulating bile flow
- improving recovery from infections like colds and flu
- part of a gut microbiome healing and rebalancing program
- part of a parasite elimination protocol
- pain relief – headaches, migraines, period pain in particular
- they also have a history of being used in situations like cancer for the purpose of pain relief
“The quickest way to clear your head, is to clear your bowels”
One key area of toxin accumulation in the body is compacted faecal matter (AKA compacted poop) in the colon. The bowels are one of the key organs of elimination. Through our bowels we eliminate hormones, environmental chemicals, biproducts from cellular metabolism and endotoxins produced by overgrowths of opportunistic microbes in the bowel.
We need 1-3 big banana shaped poop-brown bowel motions daily, with the feeling of a complete evacuation after each one! If this is not happening waste molecules and hormones in your poop can get reabsorbed back into the blood stream, going back into circulation and giving your liver extra work to do to process it all over again, on top of the new stuff it’s processing.
The key reason for using coffee enemas however is not (just) to clear the bowels of compacted poop, but to increase the production of glutathione and the flow of bile.
How is it different to drinking coffee?
The vessels in the lower part of the descending colon and rectum carry compounds from the solution to the liver. The potent palmitic acids in coffee are absorbed by the hemorrhoidal and mesenteric veins that route directly to the liver where it exerts it bile and glutathione stimulating effects. You’ll also notice you don’t get the anxious / jittery buzz that you may get from drinking coffee.SIGN UP NOW
About Helen Padarin
Helen Padarin is one of Australia’s leading experts and loudest voices in the revolution of holistic health driven by real food.
With a knack for breaking down complex concepts into easy-to-implement actions, she is a respected naturopath, nutritionist, medical herbalist and best-selling author renowned for her vast knowledge in all things vitality.
Having worked from one of Sydney’s most highly regarded integrative medical centres for the last 21 years, Helen has now dreamt up and created her own integrative health practice WELL EMBODIED – and it’s all online, so you can access our practitioners no matter where you are in the world.
Helen has an insatiable hunger for knowledge born of experience. This has seen her complete a bachelor degree in Health Sciences (Naturopathy) and advanced diplomas in nutrition, herbal medicine and massage. She has also completed extensive post-graduate training in treatment for metabolic, neurologic, digestive and immune disorders.
A prolific writer, Helen written chapters on paediatrics and Autism Spectrum Disorders for peer-reviewed textbooks Clinical Naturopathic Medicine and Advanced Clinical Naturopathic Medicine (published by Elsevier).
However you’re more likely to recognise her as a co-author of her best-selling books “BubbaYumYum” with Charlotte Carr and Pete Evans and "The Complete Gut Health Cookbook" with Pete Evans; the latter debuting at no.1 in the lifestyle charts, and remaining in the top 10 for an extended period of time.
Of course, her passion for wellness isn’t just confined to office hours. Helen carries over the themes of nature and health in her downtime, whether that’s walking in nature, playing in the ocean, working on her fitness or spending quality time with her friends and family.
Helen finds nothing more satisfying than seeing patients and clients inadvertently spread inspiration to friends and family around them.
Vitality, it turns out, is contagious!
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Naturopathy) – University of New England
- Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy (Nature Care College, Sydney)
- Diploma of Nutrition (Nature Care College, Sydney)
- Diploma of Botanical Medicine (Nature Care College, Sydney)
- Diploma of Remedial Massage (Nature Care College, Sydney)
- Holistic Lifestyle Coach (CHEK Institute)
- MAPS (Medical Academy of Paediatric Special Needs ) Practitioner Training
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner in training (final year) (Somatic Experiencing International)
What people have to say about Helen
"Helen has a unique quality not found in other practitioners. Not only does she know how to nourish your cells and body through an in depth understanding of the body and how all our complex systems interact but she also knows how to nourish your soul to ensure that you reach optimum wellness and a place where you can thrive."
-Kirsty Wirth, Kultured Wellness
"I highly respect Helen's commitment to encouraging and inspiring families on the real food journey and compassionately empowering families to have the tools and resources to optimise their health. As a cardiologist I see the power of food choices on a daily basis. Chronic inflammation has devastating effects and so I can't emphasise enough the importance of instilling real food and lifestyle as medicine from childhood."
-Dr Aseem Malhotra, Cardiologist, UK
"Helen Padarin is a pioneer in the wholefoods movement in Sydney and further afield and is an instrumental force in educating people on real nutrition both in her clinical practice as a naturopath and in her work as an author and speaker. She taught me how to ferment veggies over 10 years ago and this has become one of the core product lines of my business. I'm very grateful for what she has brought to my life personally and to the lives of countless people in the broader community. Wholefoods rockstar!"
-Soulla Chamberlain, Star Anise Organic
Coffee enemas are not recommended if any of the following exist, unless under supervision of a very experienced Practitioner:
- Currently undergoing chemotherapy
- Undiagnosed abdominal pain
- Renal, cardiac or respiratory failure
- Bleeding and/or ulceration in the colon tract
- Active Ulcerative Colitis
- Active Crohn’s disease
- Ileostomy (no colon)
- Hypertension and/or tachycardia
- Pregnant (consult with your primary practitioner, water enemas can be helpful for relieving constipation in pregnancy)
- Acute or ongoing chronic diarrhoea until investigated by a practitioner
- First 6-8 weeks post-surgery (always check with your primary care practitioner)